Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default unFIT solar

"Tim Streater" wrote in message
.. .
In article , Chris J Dixon
wrote:

Tim Streater wrote:

In article , The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

It contuinues to amaze me how much we learnt then for O levels, which
isn't even studied at degree level these days.

Notwithstanding that, it was noticeable when I got to Uni to do
Physics, how much harder the course content was than even A-level
Physics. Much, much harder.

Indeed!. Up to A level I was fortunate that I seemed able to
understand and remember enough without really having to try, and
got an A pass. At university, studying electrical engineering, I
rested on my laurels somewhat, and didn't devote enough time (or
effort) to the physics course, and had to resit the first year exam.

I am minded to wonder how it goes with aspiring physics students these
days, if the exams are supposed to have been dumbed down. You can't dumb
down reality,

But you can avoid asking about the harder stuff in the exam.

so you can't dumb down degree-level physics.

But you can obviously not cover the most complex stuff.

Must make it even harder when they get there.

No reason why it needs to.