Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default A letterbox story...

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 07:23:10 -0700, chrispvholmes wrote:

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 8:25:17 AM UTC+1, Chris J Dixon
wrote:
Graham. wrote:

I once had that with some Unicol industrial TV stands, The hole
spacing on the TV brackets were correct but they had been jigged and
welded up inconsistently. Fortunately where I was working had a
machine shop so I got them to widen the holes to conform.

Once spent a fruitless morning trying to get the holes to line up on a
Honda 50 rear wheel sprocket. Eventually I accepted that one of the
four was out of alignment by at least a couple of millimetres, and it
was time to catch a bus (again) and get it swapped. :-(

Chris --
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

To get back to letterplates, when we lived in London (Sydenham), I
locked my self out of the house, I managed to get back in by
disassembling the letterplate from the outside (Squeeze knocker together
(Oooh er missus), remove knocker, rotate knocker posts anti clockwise,
remove plate, poke hand through relatively large hole in door and
operate the knob on the Yale cylinder latch thingy). My memory is I
though about putting something more secure on, but decided I was
probably daft enough to do it again and I'd look at it as a feature
rather than a bug!

That's exactly why I have a way of remotely unlocking the door.

Use the BIG mirror service in the UK:
http://www.mirrorservice.org