Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default unFIT solar

On Wednesday, 27 September 2017 13:43:20 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 13:06:07 +0100, The Natural Philosopher
wrote:

On 27/09/17 12:44, T i m wrote:
On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 10:05:30 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote:

On Wed, 27 Sep 2017 08:48:14 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

snip

O-level education, you mean?

In 'media studies' or some such.

Or 'Fine Art'. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

History of art is probaly the least taxing degree course ever, if you
have the ability to memorise ..

Quite, along with a lot of how we often 'judge' peoples abilities,
especially in the 'education system' these days. ;-(

Yes we still use exam results for such things.

Giving a positive bias to those who happen to be able to remember
stuff over those who can do stuff is a form of prejudice IMHO.

So what's wrong with that ?

I understand in the states, ordinary blue collar workers re given much
more respect than they are over here with our pompous, elitist (and
generally bogus) viewpoint on what is actually important or valuable

IS that why nurses are worth half of a MP ? (salery wise)
lets see how long does it take to train each.

(with 'celebrity' being a classic example of the worst of that).

They and others just over-value them that's all.

It will be interesting to see who are begging for food and who are
able to do something 'practical' to earn their keep. ;-)

and who is the strongest.