Posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,sci.electronics.repair
Lucifer Morningstar[_2_] Lucifer Morningstar[_2_] is offline

Default Another SanDisk 32G Pen drive fails

On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 21:00:54 -0700, Dusty
wrote:

Not sure what to do with this SanDisk 32G.

I used the "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition"

It saw an empty drive in the tool. (nothing showed in windows explorer)

I did a full surface check and got NO errors.

I tried to recover and got an empty drive.

I reformatted as NTFS.

It now shows up in windows explorer as an empty 32G drive.

How did all the file table vanish ?

Is this pen drive now usable or should I just trash it ?

I suggest you try https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Usenet_quoting

Bob_S wrote:

"Dusty" wrote in message news
Any PC I plug it into pops up a message saying the driver is now
installed BUT it does not show anything in Windows Explorer.
This happens on a Win XP Pro laptop, a Lenovo laptop and a Win 7 Pro
desktop.

The light on the pen drive blinks one long blink then a short one or two
blinks.

Any chance of recovery ?

Any app to explore it ?

It is all backed up but it will take over night to fill a new pen drive
so getting this one going would be better.

What brand is the most reliable pen drive ?
Need 32 G.

Dusty,

Give this free tool a try - "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition"

http://www.minitool.com/partition-ma...zard-home.html

It has fixed numerous problems on flash drives that don't show in
Windows Explorer or Disk Manager. And if it says it's dead, it probably is.

Bob S.