Posted to alt.home.repair
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default London subway blast seen as terrorism, police say

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 11:30:03 +0100, Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Sunday, September 17, 2017 at 3:23:03 PM UTC-4, rbowman wrote:
On 09/17/2017 09:42 AM, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
On 9/17/2017 10:15 AM, Meanie wrote:

Yes, the English language is a mess and considered one of the hardest
languages to learn based from foreigners who attempt speaking it.

Nah, I was less than a year old and learned it like I was speaking it
all my life.

I had missed opportunities. My grandparents were from Poland but
never
spoke it to us as kids but I wish they had when it was too late. I
picked up a few words from their conversations with my parents. In
high school I was given two years of Latin but now wish I would have
fought to take Spanish as it would have helped in real life.

Yeah, I had Latin and German in high school. The 'business/shop' kids
took Spanish. They also took typing, which I've never mastered despite
close to 50 years of typing code from keypunch machines and on up. At
least words on a LCD screen are easier to fix than holes in a Hollerith
card.

Latin had been discontinued by the time I was in high school. I took
German. The 'business/shop' kids were barely required to learn English,
let along a foreign language. This was a downscale Detroit suburb in the
1970s.

On the plus side, girls were required in junior high to take two
semesters
of typing. That was the most useful thing I learned in my entire
education.

Why do you call it "shop"? A shop is a place where you sell things.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/shop#Etymology

Spend enough time in a.h.r and you might develop a grasp of the English
language.