Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Painting a Bakelite radio cabinet

On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 23:43:46 UTC+1, rickman wrote:
tabbypurr wrote on 9/26/2017 6:31 PM:
On Tuesday, 26 September 2017 22:14:42 UTC+1, rickman wrote:

It all depends on the details. I used a paint for plastic to use on a
plastic container and it did not work well at all. I cleaned the surface
well, but did not rough it up and did not use a primer. It was not too long
before the paint started to peel. I don't know the type of plastic. It was
a food storage container with a seal ring commonly available in stores.
Just a data point for what it is worth.

Nothing sticks to polythene.

Are you in the UK? Is that what we call polyethylene? How does it happen
that we end up with different names for things like common plastic?

Yes, yes, it's easier to say. Polythene is the next best thing to ptfe when you want to keep friction low. Handy for moving heavy loads. Food storage containers are most commonly polythene.

NT