Posted to alt.windows7.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,sci.electronics.repair
Dusty[_4_] Dusty[_4_] is offline

Default Another SanDisk 32G Pen drive fails

Nothing on reliability !
As usual reviewers do not know how to review.
What is most important to you ?

Their second top rated is the one that died.

Other parameter metrics are of little interest.

Buying a Sony 32G as the one I already have has been the best.

Why ? The Sony has worked at every USB port I have tried it on.
The Sandisk only works on some USB ports.
Why ? because the Sony connector is a better quality connector and can
make up for the deficiencies of the USB PC connector.
I have several SanDisk pen drives and with some I have to wiggle the pen
drive for it to make a connection. Not so with the Sony.
The SanDisk skimps on it connector length and area trying to save a
penny and putting their fingers in my purse. Poor quality connector !

The Sony has more reliability and quality. So I pay a few bucks more
but it is well worth it.

Bob_S wrote:

"Dusty" wrote in message news
Any PC I plug it into pops up a message saying the driver is now
installed BUT it does not show anything in Windows Explorer.
This happens on a Win XP Pro laptop, a Lenovo laptop and a Win 7 Pro
desktop.

The light on the pen drive blinks one long blink then a short one or two
blinks.

Any chance of recovery ?

Any app to explore it ?

It is all backed up but it will take over night to fill a new pen drive
so getting this one going would be better.

What brand is the most reliable pen drive ?
Need 32 G.

Dusty,

Give this free tool a try - "MiniTool Partition Wizard Free Edition"

http://www.minitool.com/partition-ma...zard-home.html

It has fixed numerous problems on flash drives that don't show in
Windows Explorer or Disk Manager. And if it says it's dead, it probably is.

Bob S.