HVACMD

Default 1930's bathroom

"Frogleg" wrote

1938 house. Pedestal sink. Black & white tile to about 4' up. NO
access to shower plumbing (inside all that tile). I'd skip that
feature if I were you. Shower/tub has separate tub and shower faucets,
'though I don't know how "original" they are. Advantages: pretty good
sized for a modest house; black & white (very popular for the period)
is versatile. Dis: no electric outlets; "concealed" plumbing; no
built-in storage; needs painting. :-)

Another 1930's house with a pedestal sink! I had thought they were installed
mainly in the 'teens and 20's. I was leaning towards a wall mount, but now
I'm going to rethink that. The wife wants a pedestal so it may work out. I
found a refinished 1925 pedestal at a salvage yard today. May go back and
get it.

Thanks for the info.