Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.antiques.radio+phono
Foxs Mercantile Foxs Mercantile is offline

Default Painting a Bakelite radio cabinet

On 9/25/2017 11:46 PM, wrote:
One other thing, the dial bulbs are burned out. Bayonette base, wired in
series, two 3.2 volt bulbs. A schematic shows them as Mazda 1490. ( I
never heard of Mazda bulbs). Anyhow, where can I get such bulbs?
The bayonette base is the same as a #47 bulb.

Multiple sources online show them as in stock.

BTW: The 6 volt feeding them comes from the filament center tap in the
35Z5 rectifier tube. How they get 6volts from that center tap evades me,
but that's how it is.....

A lot of things evade you.
http://www.nostalgiaair.org/pagesbymodel/076/M0015076.pdf

From the 35Z5GT data sheet:
"Glass octal type used in power supply of ac/dc receivers. The heater
is provided with a tap for operation of a panel lamp. May be supplied
with pin 1 omitted. Requires octal socket."

Hint: It's not "center" tapped.

--
Jeff-1.0
wa6fwi