Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default LED bulb flickering

"Scott" wrote in message
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 04:51:53 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
. ..
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 03:59:48 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Scott" wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 02:14:17 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

Scott wrote

I have an LED bulb in my lounge that flickers a bit on start-up.
Are there any safey implications?

Nope, its likely just got the wrong type of dimmer or is badly
designed.

There's no dimmer involved. Your second point could be right. I
bought other bulbs from the same supplier (online) and had to return a
lot of them.

I have no objection in principle to replacing it - which
is what I would normally do - but it is one of five and
I cannot find an identical unit so I would be left with
one that looks a bit odd or having to replace all five.

IMO its starting to be the time when those multiples
are better replaced with a single well designed one.

It's a ceiling light that takes five bulbs (pointing upwards).

Yeah, that's what I meant. IMO its time to replace those.

I'm not replacing that as it fits in with the decor of the room.
Maybe I should be buying five replacements from a reputable
source rather than trying to replace this one.

I'd still go for a single one myself.

In a 100 year old building in a room with high ceiling, traditionally
furnished with a light fitting that fits in with the decor?

You don't have to have those fake chandelier things to do that.

Not fake chandaliers actually

The multiples are. They didn't have very bright bulbs then inside houses.

but five uplights on arms. I will however take a look in John
Lewis but I doubt if one LED could illuminate a large room.

Sure, but you certainly don't need 5 anymore.