Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Nails too deep set to remove. Know a trick? Need to save thewood.

On 9/25/2017 4:09 PM, trader_4 wrote:
On Monday, September 25, 2017 at 4:19:23 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 19:44:01 GMT, Dizzy
m wrote:

Im trying to help my best friend fix stuff around her house. Video games are
what her 'man' around here is good at so she calls her bestie lol. First is
this porch, idky theres a gap but its causing everything to be bowed. I just
need to move it down to even it off but the nails are too deep set. Need to
save the wood to reuse it but it wasnt weather treated so its falling apart.
Whats a trick to get these nails out without damaging the wood? I dont have a
drill, only a mini hammer and mini crowbar.. Ok guys ty for any help.
https://www.homeownershub.com/img/av

Dizzy,

The photo sort of made me dizzy. Maybe you need a "cat's paw" to pry
the nails out. If the wood is really "falling apart", a little claw
mark may not look bad.

If it's falling apart bad, why does he need to save the wood to begin with?
I agree about the pic, not clear what part he's talking about. If he
lacks even basic tools, probably shouldn't be doing the job at all.

Â* Really ? It is fairly obvious to me that the support for the floor
has problems . The floor has sagged at that post , dragging the bottom
rail of the railing system with it . Bottom rail should have been
attached to the post and not the floor , but oh well . Get under there
and prop it up with bricks or something .

Â* --

Â* Snag