Me

Default 1930's bathroom

"HVACMD" wrote in message ...
Looking to remodel my bathroom with a 1930's feel. Can anybody give me
any ideas what style of fixtures may have been in a 1930's bathroom? Looking
for a sink - pedestal or wall mount? Any websites which may help?

Find some women's magazines from the 1930s...they usually include lots
of pictures of the "latest trends" in design. There are also books
published specifically on the subject.

My mother's old house was built around 1932. The bathroom had 4x6
subway tile on the walls, about 5 feet up. Built-in medicine cabinet,
pedestal sink (which she replaced with a vanity when I was very
young). The tub is a built-in that sits in a bit of an alcove. The
floor has 1" hexagonal white tiles.

My 1923 house originally had plain plaster walls that were scored to
look like tile (how high up the wall this ran I don't know).
Originally had a pedestal sink, built-in medicine cabinet, one light
in the ceiling, pedestal tub with exposed plumbing, 1" hexagonal white
tiles on the floor, and toilet. When I redid the bathroom last year
(to remove previous owners' remodling), I put in a new pedestal sink
(Kohler "Memoirs" line), built a new built-in medicine cabinet (old
one long gone), put two reproduction lights on each side of the
medicine cabinet, put a chair rail up (about chest high) around the
whole room, and painted the area above the rail a different color than
below it. Got the idea from Rejuvenation's website
(www.rejuvenation.com). Check out their "Room Settings"...my bathroom
now looks a LOT like their first setting.