Posted to uk.d-i-y
GB GB is offline

Default Prostate Examination

On 25/09/2017 15:25, Tim+ wrote:
tim... wrote:

"Lobster" wrote in message

If I already had risk factors like a family history of the disease, being
Afro-Carribean, I'd go for the PSA test but in the absence of those; no
thanks.

It's just a blood test FFS

Um, no. It's also a potential trigger for a cascade of potentially
unnecessary investigation, treatment and anxiety.

It's certainly a potential trigger for a cascade of absolutely necessary
investigation.

Treatment should be carefully considered.

Anxiety. I'd be even more anxious not having my annual PSA done.

As my mother would have said if she had actually said it, "Never ask a
question that you don't want to know the answer to".

Die from ignorance.

Tim