Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Analogue moving coil meter range extension?

On Monday, 25 September 2017 12:37:05 UTC+1, T i m wrote:
On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 03:41:49 -0700 (PDT), tabbypurr wrote:

snip

That was part I had already considered in that:
The meter is fairly small. The meter is glued shut. The meter is only
marked in whole volts.

If it's not an accurate meter just add a zener, job done.

Well, I'm not sure if it's electro mechanically any more or less
'accurate' than any similar style meters and being smaller with a
shorter / lighter needle it's possible it could be better than some
... but regarding the potential display markings and readability, you
may well be right. ;-)

Cheers, T i m

If it's only marked in whole volts, reading it with accuracy won't happen, so it won't be especially accurate.

NT