Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark[_24_] Mark[_24_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

On Mon, 25 Sep 2017 06:10:18 +1000, "Rod Speed"
wrote:

"Mark" wrote in message
.. .
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 15:33:48 -0000 (UTC), Cursitor Doom
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 12:00:25 +0100, Mark wrote:

Huh! If we remained a part of the EU we would have some say on how it
is run

Yes, which would be *worthless* because it would be ignored as we've
already seen (unless you're impenetrably dense and unable to see this, of
course).

Ah, so you don't believe in democracy.

You clearly don't. A majority of those who bothered to
vote decided that they wanted Britain to leave the EU.

Oh dear. It's ironic that Brexiters cry about democracy when
referring to the referendum vote but conveniently forget about
democracy when it doesn't give them the result they wanted.

Only 37% of the electorate voted to leave, hardly a convincing amount
for a major constitutional change. The previous government was
elected, with a majority, on a pro EU-membership manifesto. And then
there's the snap general election called by May, from which she was
hoping for an increased majority to implement Brexit. Well, what
happened - they lost their majority completely.

And then a recent opinion poll found the majority of people wanting to
stay in the EU.