Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] isabelle.lapierre@gmail.com is offline

Default Minwax fast drying polyurethane dries to white haze

On Tuesday, 14 June 2016 21:53:40 UTC-4, wrote:
Hi all,

I had the same issue. Fast-drying Minwax semi-gloass ruined my Cabinet door with white streaks. It was like a chemical reaction craziness. Whatever the cause was, I used a hair dryer. With the hottest setting, I took time.. With patience, the streaks went away like a miracle. It was after 24 hours of drying. If I had use the hot air earlier, it might have taken less time. But hot air works.

thanks

After a week of babying a dining room set to get it just perfect before varnishing, we applied this MinWax product and.... white streaks everywhere! Thanks to Google and all of you here, I did as you suggested, and used a hairdryer on the varnish less than an hour after the streaks appeared. It took only a few minutes, it now looks beautiful! Thank you to all of you who post and share your experience!