Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Prostate Examination

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 22:06:07 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Lobster wrote in
. 236:

Cursitor Doom grunted in
news

Anyone know if doctors can DIY their own prostate exam? Obviously if
they can, the rest of us can learn to do it for ourselves and save the
yearly appointment (we're all busy people after all).

If this is even a vaguely serious question, the simple answer is that
even if you can reach, you'd need to have felt a good number of
prostates to be able to distinguish a healthy one from a dodgy one. So
unless you're up for that prospect, I'd stick with having a doc do it
for you...

Why not a PSA Test?

They are complementary tests. Neither is definitive. Even a biopsy isn't
definitive!