Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

In article , Mark
writes
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:49:28 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , tim...
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 11:05 24 Sep 2017, tim... wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
On 19:16 23 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , pamela
wrote:

The Leavers now need to prove their original claims that it
will be like a picnic with sweets for everybody.

No we don't because there was no such claim. My views are
based on the democratic deficit - that the EU uses a political
system that the UK has spent the last 200 or more years
evolving away from. End of.

The claim was implicit in the breezy assurances given by
Brexiteers both ebfore and after the referendum that the
concerns expressed by Remainers was largely irrelevant and that
it would be a cinch to make alternative arrangements which
would be in our favour.

That's no different from the breezy assurance from Remainers
that all of the EU problems could be resolved by us staying in
and changing it from the inside

Point taken. However British engagement with the processes of the
EU has always been poor. I recall stats which showed the UK as a
country had one of the lowest representations on EU committees and
working groups. (Per capita of population.)

the number of MEPs each county has IS disproportionately biased towards the
smaller countries

I guess this applies to committees too.

Tory MEPs always complained that Kipper MEPs didn't attend or pull
their weight in such committees. AIUI, St Nige was on the Fisheries
Committee and never attended it (or only once).

Yes, the British MEPs didn't take it seriously so they have only
themselves to blame.

And the others take it so seriously they don't turn up for the Sate of
the Union speech as they'd all ****ed off on holiday.
An UKIP MEP is ridiculous - like Turkeys on the
Christmas committee.

The European Parliament is a waste of time anyway. Just listen to one of
their "debates".
--
bert