Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

In article , Mark
writes
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 14:20:54 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:31:55 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 12:27:00 +0100, Tim Streater

And outside the EU we won't care, as those rules won't apply to us.

If we want to trade with EU countries then they will.

Only those which apply to products to be exported to the EU.

There are plenty of those. And many UK-based busineses are likely to
relocate when the UK leaves the EU.

This is merely your opinion.

No. There are many who predicting this and several large companies
have expressed the desire to leave.

Really? All the ones I've read about Google Apple etc are moving in
here. Why would any company express a "desire " to leave. Who's stopping
them? More remoaners fake news.

No others will. UK exporters to all other countries in the world
are already in this position.

So? That's not a good reason to make it harder for existing exporters
to EU countries.

It won't be harder. Those companies are *already* complying with the
relevant regulations.

And, in a short time, we won't have any influence in these
regulations.

It's also normal for importing countries with specific requirements
(such as for food production), to have their inspectors located in the
exporting country, to continuously verify that the exporter is
producing to the importer's requirements.

And outside the EU this will be more difficult.

Another content-free assertion on your part

No. If we no longer have any say on the regulations then it certainly
isn't going to get easier.

I'm not saying this will happen but, outside the EU, the UK may find
new EU rules make it harder to export to the EU, since the UK will no
longer have *any* say in the rules.

If they make it harder for us, they will be making it harder for any
other country that exports that product to the EU. Otherwise they will,
AIUI, be breaking WTO rules.

So you are saying that there won't be preferential treatment for EU
members?

By definition EU member countries don't "export" to the Eu. It's called
the Single Market.
--
bert