Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

Mark wrote
Cursitor Doom wrote
Dave Plowman (News) wrote

Ah - right. You dislike the idea of one country helping another. And the
principle that as that country become richer, it contributes to others.

At least you're being honest.

You want us to build up other countries while
our own people are sleeping on the streets?

They're not exclusive.

True.

We can sort out both.

Nope. Now that we no longer keep the loonys in locked wards,
we're stuck with those that choose to sleep in the streets.

And so many families are living in fuel poverty having to choose
between heating and eating? Do you not think we should sort out our
own problems before making any grandiose Cosmopolitan gestures?

The UK is still a rich country

Yes, but it makes no sense to be bailing out fools like the Irish
who keep completely ****ing up, time after time after time.

Or places like Greece who were stupid enough to have by
far the most generous govt pension scheme and didn't even
bother to make their taxpayers pay the taxes they owed.

and we could afford it

But it makes a lot more sense to spend it at home instead
on stuff like the NHS that most get to use eventually and
on building enough new houses so they are affordable
for those just starting working etc.

Or even just providing free tertiary education etc.

despite what the gutter press tell you.