Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default P**s up and brewery.

"Mark" wrote in message
On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 13:31:55 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 12:27:00 +0100, Tim Streater
wrote:

In article , Mark
wrote:

On Sun, 24 Sep 2017 11:05:56 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"pamela" wrote in message
.. .
On 19:16 23 Sep 2017, Tim Streater wrote:

In article , pamela
wrote:

The Leavers now need to prove their original claims that it will
be like a picnic with sweets for everybody.

No we don't because there was no such claim. My views are based
on the democratic deficit - that the EU uses a political system
that the UK has spent the last 200 or more years evolving away
from. End of.

The claim was implicit in the breezy assurances given by Brexiteers
both ebfore and after the referendum that the concerns expressed by
Remainers was largely irrelevant and that it would be a cinch to
make
alternative arrangements which would be in our favour.

That's no different from the breezy assurance from Remainers that all
of
the
EU problems could be resolved by us staying in and changing it from
the
inside

Huh! If we remained a part of the EU we would have some say on how it
is run; outside the EU we have no say at all.

And outside the EU we won't care, as those rules won't apply to us.

If we want to trade with EU countries then they will.

Only those which apply to products to be exported to the EU.

There are plenty of those. And many UK-based busineses are likely to
relocate when the UK leaves the EU.

No others
will. UK exporters to all other countries in the world are already in
this position.

So? That's not a good reason to make it harder for existing exporters
to EU countries.

It's also normal for importing countries with specific requirements
(such as for food production), to have their inspectors located in the
exporting country, to continuously verify that the exporter is
producing to the importer's requirements.

And outside the EU this will be more difficult.

I'm not saying this will happen but, outside the EU, the UK may find
new EU rules make it harder to export to the EU, since the UK will no
longer have *any* say in the rules.

It doesn't now.