Steve Stone

Default 1930's bathroom

My Grandparents lived in a 1929 vintage semiattached two story brick home in
St Albans, Queens, NY. until my grandfather's death.

Things I remember about the main bath was mint green tile at least 6 feet
high all around. Matching color pedestal sink, The tub drain control was
outside the tub on a tall chrome stalk, A separate built in shower with
three shower heads, one up top, two in the middle (front and back). Never
saw a shower like this anywhere else, not the shower head install but the
actual quality of workmanship of the overall shower.

The living and dining room had highly finished oak floors with dark inlays
about 2 feet in from the edges. Think the staircase and banisters were
chestnut. A faux real brick fireplace in the living room with narrow stained
glass windows on either side. What would be considered today a French door
between the living room and the unheated entrance alcove and coat closet,
steam heat, marble kitchen work surface, mint green Chambers gas stove
probably from the 1940's, a tight breakfast nook. Drop down ironing board
built into one of the kitchen cabinets next to the kitchen / dining room
doorway which had a spring loaded oak push door like found between kitchens
and dining areas of restaurants. Player piano in the basement.

They rented the house first with an option to buy it using the money paid as
rent as the down payment. It was considered a middleclass area.

Remove "zz" from e-mail address to direct reply.

"HVACMD" wrote in message
Looking to remodel my bathroom with a 1930's feel. Can anybody give me
any ideas what style of fixtures may have been in a 1930's bathroom?

Looking
for a sink - pedestal or wall mount? Any websites which may help?

TIA