Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default BP monitor - how to check calibration?

On 21/09/2017 17:19, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Brian Reay explained on 21/09/2017 :
I have any annual 'MOT' at my GP surgery. They offered to check the
meter I use at home if I took it in at the next check up. Without
being rude, I suspect you fall into the age bracket to qualify for the
same (free) 'MOT' check up, kill two birds with one stone- so to
speak. They do a blood test, pee in a jar test, BP, a few other
things- nothing painful.

Which is exactly what I am going through at the moment, it all began
with a sudden onset of severe vertigo. BP checked and deep concerns
about that. The vertigo issue was pushed onto the back burner, due to
the BP - luckily the vertigo has almost cured itself.

My diagnosis was more by luck. My place of work had a medical department
with one nurse and she put up posters offering a check for Diabetes, BP,
lung capacity and a few other common tests. This wasn't compulsory but
the appointments were in works time. My BP was sky high. I was told to
lie down for 10 minutes and the BP taken again - no difference. I was
given a letter for my GP. At this time I purchased my own BP monitor
and confirmed the readings taken at the medical check. I had no outward
symptoms of high BP.