Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default sticking door

On 9/22/2017 7:18 AM, badgolferman wrote:
Spending a few days at my mother's house looking after her since she had
surgery. The bedroom I'm in has a sticking door and it makes noise when I
get up to go the bathroom. Then the dog hears it and starts barking and
everyone wakes up.

The door is sticking at the jamb side below the top hinge. Is there
something I can do to fix this temporarily? I considered rubbing some bar
soap on it but haven't tried it yet. Taking the door off and planing it
then repainting and all that is not a good option right now.

Once in a while you get lucky and just have to tighten the screws
holding the hinge.

Alternate is to not close the door all the way. Mom won't be peeking in.