Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Alternatives to white coated hardboard, or should I stay with the same?

Tim Lamb wrote:
In message , Chris Green
writes
Tim Lamb wrote:

Alternatively you could upgrade:-) My daughter now has two narrow boats
and mooring for only one! She is considering selling/renting out the
original as British Waterways appear to be re-thinking the rules.

:-)

I have nothing specifically against narrowboats but wider (like ours,
11 metres long, 3 metres beam) are much more practical. Ours is in
Franmce too!

... not to mention that we too have a boat for sale in the UK, it's an
ex broads cruiser fitted out as a 1 or 2 person liveaboard and moored
right by London City Airport.

Permanent mooring with access for residential use in London? I'm
surprised they are not queuing up!

It's not properly 'residential', though in reality lots of people use
it as such. I think even the rules allow you to stay 4 or 5 nights a
week without any isuses. That's exactly what my wife did, she had a
job in Newham and used the boat as a pleasant and quite comfortable
'flat' for 4 nights a week. At a mooring fee of only £304/month it
made a *lot* of sense.

She has a mooring at the St. Pancras marina with car parking but no
residential use. The engine overheating you advised on seemed to be some
mystery airlock now resolved.

Did I - advise on overheating that is?

--
Chris Green