Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nige Danton[_2_] Nige Danton[_2_] is offline

Default Basement cinema

"Brian Gaff" wrote:
Could one ask why you want a projector. I havd a friend with one and he
seems to like it but most people he has around say its a bit dim, and the
thing seems notoriously unreliable and it uses tubes that cost an arm and a
leg.
I'd have thought a large screen tv was more cost effective these days.
Brian

Fair comment, and until fairly recently I think I'd agree with you. But
affordable projectors have come on leaps and bounds in recent years. A
group of us used to take turns hosting a "movie night" and one the couples
had a projector that they would set up in the garden. A huge picture 10 or
12 feet across and as bright as u would want it. The projector (then) was
about USD3 thou.

--
Nige Danton - Replace the obvious with g.m.a.i.l