Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Analogue moving coil meter range extension?

On 9/21/2017 9:05 PM, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Thu, 21 Sep 2017 20:59:03 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

simple but time consuming producing a new dial paper
NT

"The Windows programs for drawing analog meter scales"
http://www.tonnesoftware.com/meter.html
$35 for the full version.

I haven't seen the system requirements, but I'd wager that
the precision measurement desired is never entered into
any other system/program. The desired functionality
could be obtained by a Sharpie mark or two on the face of the meter.

One of the difficult engineering skills to acquire is the ability
to match the solution to the actual problem. Overkill is rampant.
It's what you do when you don't understand what you need, but you
start building it anyway.

If you need precision, you don't want an analog meter.