Posted to uk.d-i-y
bert[_7_] bert[_7_] is offline

Default Old TVs

In article , Steve Walker
writes
In article ,
Steve Walker wrote:
Whilst that is true, I notice a big difference between the same presenter
on FreeView radio and FreeView TV, both fed through the same broadcast
quality sound system. TV seems no longer bothering to EQ a personal mic to
make it sound closer to a decent one.

While radio don't seem to bother matching the levels of guest and
presenter mics - no problem when sitting listening to the radio at home,
but with all the wind, engine and road noise in a car, the quiet guest
can't be heard without cranking the volume up and then the presenter
ends up deafeningly loud.

Can't say I've ever noticed that. What radio station? Sure you're
not just
hearing one channel of stereo?

It is a frequent problem on Radio 4. Simply a guest that talks rather
quietly compared to the host and a lack of adjustment to compensate. As
I say, only a problem with the additional noise in a car.

SteveW

In my Defender I turn up the radio to drown out the rattles
--
bert