Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default BP monitor - how to check calibration?

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 21/09/2017 18:01, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
It happens that alan_m formulated :
I didn't even feel the needle when I had my flu jab on Monday.

I certainly felt the needle for the blood sample two weeks ago, I still
have the bruise :-?

In my experience it's all down to the skill of the person taking the blood
sample. The last few times when I've been for blood tests the samples
have been taken quickly with no real pain or after effects. However, I've
also had blood samples taken by trainees and that has been a different
experience.

Its also luck. I have awkward veins inside my elbows and the same
person can fluke it sometimes and other times has a hell of a problem,
even with the pros who do nothing but take blood samples.

It's much like dentists - some jab a full foot of needle into your gums
and some just scratch the surface. The result is the same with regards
numbing the gums/teeth but one is painful and the other painless.