Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default BP monitor - how to check calibration?

RJH has brought this to us :
My succession of doctors have absolutely no interest in cause - or at least
an easily identified cause from a basic annual blood test. The current
doctor's opinion is 'it's one of those things'.

You may be right, they gave me a tablet to 'take as necessary' to
control the vertigo. I tried it all ways and it had no effect, didn't
help at all, but I was promised they would try to address it better,
once my BP was under control.

Last evening, I decided to do some research on the cause(s) of vertigo.
I intend trying the fixes suggested online.

I documented it for a friend, using none tech terms...

http://www.chiropractic-help.com/Hom...r-vertigo.html

It is also called Brandt-Daroff exercise, this...

http://www.webmd.com/brain/brandt-da...-vertigo-16844

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voZXtTUdQ00

http://www.med.umich.edu/1libr/PMR/V...onExercise.pdf

The NHSs version of the method..
http://www.ncuh.nhs.uk/our-services/...uick-guide.pdf

The flickering left and right of the eyes, is called nystagmus. That
caused by your brain trying to make sense of the confusing signals from
your eyes, versus the conflicting signals from your benign paroxysmal
positional vertigo from the canals behind your ears. Eyes say you are
the right way up, your ear sensors say you are leaning at an odd angle.
I have had a few bouts of nystagmus, when the vertigo has been at its
worst.

Loose particles in the canal flow at a different speed past the
filament sensors in the canals, compared to the fluid, confusing the
receptor filaments in the canal causing them to send confused signals.
The idea of the exercises is to let these particles fall by gravity, to
places in the canal where they will not cause a problem. Sometimes the
particles can stick to the sides of the tube, so they help these to
loosen by using some skull vibration.