Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default BP monitor - how to check calibration?

Yes white coat syndrome is no more than a normal case of being very nervous
near any kind of medical person who is about to pronounce you ill! That is
why they usually take more than one reading to allow you to calm down a bit.

Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Malcolm Race" wrote in message
news
On 21/09/2017 15:43, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
I have the doctors panicking over my high blood pressure. So I dug out a
digi BP monitor we had for a few years #1. That had a problem with its
over pressure safety valve, which I repaired whilst waiting for a new one
to be delivered. It's readings were completely inconsistent, so today
(still waiting for #2 to arrive), I went out and bought an over the
counter #3.

#3 (a cuff auto digital) seems to provide consistent values, no rapid
wild variations, but how to be sure the displayed readings are correct?

I have already been advised that any of the larger pharmacists should
have a device to check the calibration of BP monitors, but I wonder if
there might be a way to check it at home?

Take it to the Surgert and compare the reading with one taken immediately
afterwards with a surgery machine.
I have what the doctor describes as 'White coat syndrome'

Apressure os say 1292/120 translates into n143/90 at home. When I go in I
take a series of recent reaqdings with me.

Malcolm