Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default BP monitor - how to check calibration?

Not really I went to my Gp to do mine. Mine is a talking one but its bedside
manner is, erm a little too casual.
According to the who guidlines you blood pressure is high to normal, or
whatever, though of course it gives the figures and stores them in a
continuously rotating memory historically.

All I will say is don't let them prescribe Ramopril, as it gives you a
nasty cough. there are other medications to dilate blood vessels that work
just as well. However they really need to find out why the pressure is high.
In my case its my liver being hard to push blood through, but I'm sure there
are lots of other issues.
Brian

--
----- -
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please!
"Harry Bloomfield" wrote in message
news
I have the doctors panicking over my high blood pressure. So I dug out a
digi BP monitor we had for a few years #1. That had a problem with its over
pressure safety valve, which I repaired whilst waiting for a new one to be
delivered. It's readings were completely inconsistent, so today (still
waiting for #2 to arrive), I went out and bought an over the counter #3.

#3 (a cuff auto digital) seems to provide consistent values, no rapid wild
variations, but how to be sure the displayed readings are correct?

I have already been advised that any of the larger pharmacists should have
a device to check the calibration of BP monitors, but I wonder if there
might be a way to check it at home?