Alan Beagley

Default Florescent Bulb question

I think I have seen T8 bulbs at HD.

-=-
Alan

On 11/06/03 02:57 pm put fingers to keyboard and
launched the following message into cyberspace:

I just hung a florescent fixture in my garage and it has an electronic
ballast. The ballast says I need T8 bulbs (32 watt). I looked online
and found out these are 1 inch dia. bulbs. All I could find at the
local hardware store were the "standard" 32 watt bulbs, that are
one and a half (1 1/2) inch CW bulbs. (T12). The bulbs fit in the
fixture and light. But I am concerned that it may damage the ballast
or bulb, since this is not the recommended bulb.

Anyone got any comments?