Posted to uk.d-i-y
alan_m alan_m is offline

Default BP monitor - how to check calibration?

On 21/09/2017 15:53, Graham. wrote:

Is your machine an upper arm cuff type? The wrist type are notoriously
inconsistent.

That's what I have read. I also note that when some of these wrist
devices are being demonstrated that the wrist has to be placed over your
heart (the monitoring point has to be at the same level as the heart).

I have two upper arm devices, from different manufactures[1*], and they
both give nearly the same reading when comparing BP tests 2 minutes apart.

I also have a 'sports' bracelet

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Cospor-Wire.../dp/B06XZ6HLRR

which measures pulse rate and blood pressure by flashing LEDs at the
skin. When connected by way of Bluetooth to a smart phone while this is
happening the waveform being analysed can be seen.

This ALWAYS reads low by 15 to 20mmhg compared to my upper arm monitors
so cannot be trusted BUT as it takes regular readings throughout the
day/night I can see the trend when my BP rises/falls, synchronised to
the time when I take my daily BP medication.

[1*]
http://www.argos.co.uk/product/6167662

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Omron-Press...omron+m10+-+it

The smaller Argos/Kinetik is easier to carry around while the larger
Omron has more features that I don't really need.