Posted to alt.home.repair
Art Todesco Art Todesco is offline

Default Magic Chef Oven & Broiler electric issue

On 9/20/2017 4:20 PM, Uncle Monster wrote:
On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 2:27:31 PM UTC-5, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 11:57:19 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

You may just simply have to cycle the electrical power to the oven. If there is a plug, unplug it then plug it back in after 10 seconds or so. If there is a circuit breaker feeding power to the oven, turn it off for a 10 count then turn it back on. Power hiccups can really screw up digital electronic/microprocessor controlled appliances.

The EPROM gets corrupted temporarily. It happens in irrigation
controllers, garage door openers and the like. Just a short instance.

Power off and power it up.

You may be thinking of the microcontroller having to reload the program from the EPROM. I programmed a lot of early digital equipment by flipping switches to input ones and zeros and I don't mean the WWII Jap fighter planes. At home I have UPS units all over the house on computer equipment, even desk lamps in case of a power outage but sometimes a power burp will cause the microwave oven to lose its mind and I have to unplug it then plug it back in. ヽ(ヅ)ノ

[8~{} Uncle Power Monster

+1 I've had a power glitch shut down my Samsung fridge, which then
required a microsoft-type power down wait 10 seconds and then power up.
I don't know why these people put out products like this. They are
connected to a dirty power line and should be able to deal with it!