Posted to alt.home.repair
trader_4 trader_4 is offline

Default Magic Chef Oven & Broiler electric issue

On Wednesday, September 20, 2017 at 3:27:31 PM UTC-4, Oren wrote:
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 11:57:19 -0700 (PDT), Uncle Monster
wrote:

You may just simply have to cycle the electrical power to the oven. If there is a plug, unplug it then plug it back in after 10 seconds or so. If there is a circuit breaker feeding power to the oven, turn it off for a 10 count then turn it back on. Power hiccups can really screw up digital electronic/microprocessor controlled appliances.

The EPROM gets corrupted temporarily. It happens in irrigation
controllers, garage door openers and the like. Just a short instance.

Power off and power it up.

I can see how electronics in general can get disturbed, put into some
unexpected state. But I don't see how an ERPOM, once corrupted, ever
rights itself.