Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Alternatives to white coated hardboard, or should I stay with the same?

GB wrote:
On 20/09/2017 18:58, Chris Green wrote:
Andy Burns wrote:
Chris Green wrote:

Should I stay with the white coated hardboard

is it flat, or curved?

Ah, a good point, it's slightly curved.

The curve isn't a problem, except it will throw all your measurements
out when you cut the new material.

How do you propose to cut the new hardboard to fit exactly? Surely, a
spot of filler and some paint is going to be a small fraction of the work?

I'll take the old piece of hardboard down and use it as a template.

I'd have though repainting would be much more effort than replacing,
it'll take a couple of coats at least.

Where you have joins in the white coated hardboard, how are these
covered at present?

Wooden beads, varnished. They mean that *exact* size isn't all that
important because they overlap the edges of the hardboard by 1cm or
so.

--
Chris Green
ยท