Posted to sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default Where would a car radio find analog TV?

In sci.electronics.repair, on Wed, 20 Sep 2017 10:24:40 +0000 (UTC),
Bruce Esquibel wrote:

micky wrote:
I'm looking for a replacemwent car radio, and this one says it has
"analog TV". I know that means it can play the image from its rear-view
camera, but what other sources of analog TV exist? (I know there are
still, or were, low-power analog tv stations but I mean "could exist be
provided to this device".)

It also says it plays many formats including "DVD, DVD-RAM", so that
means IIUC it can play a digital DVD video? So analog TV must be in
addition to that?

FWIW, here's the whole ad
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sony-Lens-Do...25.m3641.l6368

I wouldn't trust anything in that listing.

It seems to be promoted (misleading) as some kind of Sony, but appears to
be a HIZPO.

Aha.

There was a restaurant in Baltimore namemd Sony's or Sony, after the
owner, but Sony Electronics got it to change its name. I guess they
thought the food would be confused with a television.

Wait til they find out about this.

A similar ad on Amazon says "analog tv" which I'm assuming from lack of other
information, it's the old NTSC so low power stations would be it. I think we
only have one left here in Chicago, and it's just a traffic map with some
radio station for audio.

It appears along the top is a slot-fed dvd/cd player, so I'm assuming if you
slide a disc in, it'll play it.

I'd look it up on Amazon (hizpo), pick one close and read the reviews on the
product. Average price seems to be around $100 and appears only to be worth
that.

Thanks. I may do that for curiousity, but I think you've convinced me I
don't want it.

More importantly you explained what analog tv probably means.

-bruce