Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Green Chris Green is offline

Default Where to get/buy thin vinyl sheet like gloves are made of?

wrote:
On Wednesday, 20 September 2017 12:16:05 UTC+1, Chris Green wrote:
I think the subject just about says it all! I want to make some
stretchy waterproof covers and the ideal material would seem to be (to
me) the thin, stretchy vinyl that gloves are made of. I do want the
material pretty thin and lightweight, like the stuff gloves are made
of. I want vinyl/pvc rather than 'rubber' because it is much easier
to glue successfully in my experience, most of the 'rubbers' are
difficult and not as well glued as vinyl/PVC with a solvent weld type
glue.

However I can't find any suppliers though I have had some
'interesting' results from some of my searches, not suprising really
once you mix 'stretch' and 'vinyl'! :-)

Any ideas anyone?

Use the interesting results to find people to mail to ask "where do
you source your pvc/vinyl sheeting"?

:-)

However the 'interesting' results are all clothes which use the fabric
backed stretch PVC material which is not what I want.

I did do quite a lot of searching before asking here, much of the
problem is the 'noise' caused by kinky black PVC clothes and, rather
to my surprise, by vinyl stickers for vehicles. In addition one tends
to get a lot of hits for parcel wrapping film.

As I said you *can* get very stretchy PVC/Vinyl, in among the other
'not what I want' hits I came across quite a few for vinyl gloves,
mostly from medical suppliers. I have actually bought some vinyl
gloves (for protecting my hands from paint stripper) and they really
are very stretchy.

--
Chris Green
ยท