Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tiny engines

On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 04:55:45 +0000 (UTC), David Lesher
wrote:

Gunner Asch writes:

I'm guessing 12 inches to the power of 3 - or 12 cubic inches - - -

An approximate size of what will fix into the locker....

Into the locker? For transportation only..right?

Absolutely.

Best not be running your genset from inside the locker......

Hardly. If we were underway, the iron genny would be charging
both sets of batteries. But when you show up at the mooring and
the bilge pump has run the house battery string down, and the
Volvo would not crank fast enough to start..... then what?

And anything onboard not lashed down/stowed is soon in midair...

(It's a Alberg37, displacing 16,800+ lbs, with a 3 cyl. Volvo.
And no oars included....)

And it doesnt have space in the engine locker for another (2-4) deep
cycle batteries and a battery switch A/B/All/None?

Hell..Ive got at least (2) in each of my 7 sailboats.

Shrug. So put it a genset on the foredeck so it is harder to hear
when its running.

Gunner

---