Posted to uk.d-i-y
newshound newshound is offline

Default Where to get/buy thin vinyl sheet like gloves are made of?

In article ,
Chris Green wrote:
I think the subject just about says it all! I want to make some
stretchy waterproof covers and the ideal material would seem to be (to
me) the thin, stretchy vinyl that gloves are made of. I do want the
material pretty thin and lightweight, like the stuff gloves are made
of. I want vinyl/pvc rather than 'rubber' because it is much easier
to glue successfully in my experience, most of the 'rubbers' are
difficult and not as well glued as vinyl/PVC with a solvent weld type
glue.

Do you really mean PVC? It's not what I'd call a stretch material.

Medical type stretchy gloves are latex. Which should glue easily.

It's not clear from the OP whether "waterproof" means "rain-proof", but
I don't think latex will tolerate the UV.