Posted to uk.d-i-y
John Rumm John Rumm is offline

Default Where to get/buy thin vinyl sheet like gloves are made of?

On 20/09/2017 12:08, Chris Green wrote:
I think the subject just about says it all! I want to make some
stretchy waterproof covers and the ideal material would seem to be (to
me) the thin, stretchy vinyl that gloves are made of. I do want the
material pretty thin and lightweight, like the stuff gloves are made
of. I want vinyl/pvc rather than 'rubber' because it is much easier
to glue successfully in my experience, most of the 'rubbers' are
difficult and not as well glued as vinyl/PVC with a solvent weld type
glue.

However I can't find any suppliers though I have had some
'interesting' results from some of my searches, not suprising really
once you mix 'stretch' and 'vinyl'! :-)

Any ideas anyone?

What about the PVC damp proof membranes you get from builders merchants?
Try searching for Visqueen sheets etc.

--
Cheers,

John.