Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Normal A/C on / off cycle durations?

In article ,
says...

Uncle Monster posted for all of us...

I've a question for you. The size of your AC unit seems to be too big for your small well insulated house, did the HVAC contractor do any calculations or take into account the energy saving measures you have taken? I've a few more questions I'm formulating since one of the things I did when I was still working was HVAC system

installation and repair. ?(?)?

[8~{} Uncle AC Monster

BINGO BINGO BINGO +500

There is a program called Manual J that should be ran to calculate the
size of you AC. It usually runs about $ 100. The AC guys should do
that for you.

Here is a link to an online calculator. I have not tried it as my AC
seems to work fine.

http://www.loadcalc.net/

That 2 to 2 1/2 ton unit seems to be about 2 times as large as it should
be unless you have almost no insulation and are in a very hot area.

I only have a 2 1/2 ton heat pump in a house that is almost 3 times that
in the middle of NC.