Mark Ayliffe

Default wood laminate flooring

On or about Wed, 23 Jul 2003 at 16:35 GMT,
Bob Mannix illuminated us with:
"ginger_neil" wrote in message
I'm looking at this now also - although I will be laying on chipboard
underfloor.
I have chosent o go for QuickStep 800 (harvest Oak to be precise). If you
shop round on the net you get it for about £15m2 - it retails for about

£25
in places like allied carpets. There's reason why you cant use htis range
too - just make sure you lay a damp-proof membrane between the underlay

and
the concrete
http://www.aspenflooring.co.uk/shop/...nk_8002424.htm

It wasn't entirely clear whether these are solid wood surfaced (ie oak on
the oak ones) or photo finish from the web site, as they do a range of
definite wood ones as well (Baltic) at the same price (roughly as the
Kahrs).

The finish is synthetic. There are around 6 different grain patterns and
each pack is mixed patterns. The only wood in the boards was originally
sawdust. :-)

Sanding is simply not an option with this stuff, the top layers are plastic.

--
Mark
Please remove nospam |