Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default door to door salespests

"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 18 September 2017 18:50:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Saturday, 16 September 2017 00:57:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Trouble is some stuff is too big to go in one of those.

Obviously but the postie obviouly has to leave it somewhere.

The last lot of grog I bought online was much too big
to put in what is sensible to have locked box wise.

So where did it go ?

I answered the door when they knocked, and helped
them to move it from the van into my house.

Tad radical, I realise.

So you were there, so there wasn' a problem then.

Wrong, as always. I was in fact having a sleep and was happy
to have the system wake me to receive and sign for the stuff,
but didnt want to be woken if it was the ****ing joveys etc.

How does your systenm detect joveys , some sort of colour ID ?

By detecting the couriers and postys
and not waking me if its anyone else.

How does it tell them apart from other people ?

They tend to show up in vans and even when they dont,
dont tend to have kids with them like the joveys do, ****wit.

So you're system of detection relies on detecting or not
detecting vans and detecting whether kids are present or not.

Nope, thats just two obvious ways to distinguish between them.

The 'God' peolpe near me have a mini bus
with some church thing written along the side.

So, like I said previously, the logo on the van or minibus would be useful
and even you should have noticed that vans an minibuses do look rather
different and even you should have noticed that when a minibus shows
up with quite a few people in it, that its unlikely to be a courier or
posty.

And when the god botherers show up, the mini bus shows
up, they all get out and pester most of the houses in the
street. You dont see the couriers operate like that.

My next door neirgbour has an old Fed Ex van like the one below.

And even you should have noticed that the logo
is different to the minibus the god botherers have.

http://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom/...ans-in-europe/

His painted over the Ex bit but the Fed still exists, I hear his
son talking on his phone refering to themselves as the Feds.

And when it does detect them what does it do
differntly that it wouldn;t do if it were a jovey ?

The system wakes me up if I am asleep.

How does it do that,

By getting a tad radical and getting the phone to ring
with a unique ring tone that indicates its the system
that has detected a courier or posty at the door.

and in time. ?

Yep, and it can obviously tell the person at the door
that I am coming to answer the door or get even more
radical and have a decent screen that displays a useful
message to the person at the door, etc etc etc.

And if it has decided that the bugger is dropping a card
without bothering to knock etc, tell it that it has been
seen doing that and that I will be coming to the door
to accept the parcel and if they dont wait for that, that
I will be telling their employer that they didnt bother
to wait and that they will be made to come back with
the parcel by their employer etc.

and have told it that that is what I prefer instead
of having to take the card that they leave to the
distribution center to get the stuff I have bought.

you have told it ?
what's this it ?, the surveillance system.

One I have done myself.

The joveys and sundry other parasites get ignored
by the system and it doesnt wake me up for them.

How does it ignore them ?

Doesnt bother to tell me that they have knocked unless
I have told it that I dont mind talking to them as long as
I'm not sleeping or up on the roof etc.

And if I have decided that I dont even want to answer
the door at all to cold callers and joveys, just ignores them
completely or tells them using a voice announcement that
cold callers, joveys and 'charity' bludgers arent welcome etc.

You can do that with a nore on a door you
don't need special surveillance system.

The difference is that I dont mind talking to them when
I'm not sleeping and I'm not busy doing something else.

And allows couriers and postys to indicate that they
are couriers and postys etc so that even when the system
has got the detection wrong, they can indicate that.

ANd how does it tell that the delivery person
isn't a jovey with a wrapped up bible in his hand ?

The god botherers dont show up with wrapped up bibles.

And if it get that wrong in that sort of unusual situation,
its a lot better than just having a ****ing doorbell.

Not a shred of rocket science required, even if you are so
****ing stupid that you can't work out the basics for yourself.

How do you tell a jovey with a bible fropm a delivery person with pizza ?

Even you should have noticed that you do tend to have to order the
pizza and that the pizza delivery people do tend to show up in a car
with a logo on it, and even if they dont, and its a pizza for someone
else being delivered in error, so you didnt order it, the thing the
food comes in is a lot bigger than a ****ing bible and it happens
at a different time of day than the god botherers and cold callers.