Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default Finding appliance repair service?

trader_4 wrote in news:76586b26-c871-44b8-adda-
:

On Tuesday, September 19, 2017 at 1:37:47 PM UTC-4, KenK wrote:
Stormin' Norman wrote in
:

On 18 Sep 2017 18:18:24 GMT, KenK wrote:

I've tried several of the more obvious well advertised local repair
services and found very bad reviews including Sears.

I generally Googled appliance repair reviews in my city and found

very
few reviews, usually bad. Of course the services have reviews on

their
web sites, all excellent naturally.

How can I find a good service to repair or replace my oven? I'm too
old and feeble to remove it and try to repair it myself.

My previous repairman, excellent, unfortunately has retired. His

phone
is disconnected so I can't ask him for a recommendation.

Another problem is the oven is a Gaffers and Sattlers obsolete unit.
Though evidently parts are still available according to ads I've

seen.

I'm getting desparate.

Suggestions? Maybe find a used appliance dealer and just get it
replaced and the old one hauled away?

TIA

Try doing some research on the Yelp.com web site. In my experience,
the review process has integrity.

If I recall correctly tried there yesterday with no success. Tried
Angie's list too, but after selecting a membership type and entering
name, etc. the 'Submit' button didn't have any effect. Finally gave

up.

What OS and browser are you using? If it's badly out of date, that
could be the problem. Internet link OK and reliable, ie everything
else is working?

Firefox 52-3-0. Windows XP Home. Yes, everything else I use works.