Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default door to door salespests

On Tuesday, 19 September 2017 11:59:00 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Monday, 18 September 2017 18:50:44 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
"whisky-dave" wrote in message
On Saturday, 16 September 2017 00:57:41 UTC+1, Rod Speed wrote:
whisky-dave wrote
Rod Speed wrote
whisky-dave wrote

Trouble is some stuff is too big to go in one of those.

Obviously but the postie obviouly has to leave it somewhere.

The last lot of grog I bought online was much too big
to put in what is sensible to have locked box wise.

So where did it go ?

I answered the door when they knocked, and helped
them to move it from the van into my house.

Tad radical, I realise.

So you were there, so there wasn' a problem then.

Wrong, as always. I was in fact having a sleep and was happy
to have the system wake me to receive and sign for the stuff,
but didnt want to be woken if it was the ****ing joveys etc.

How does your systenm detect joveys , some sort of colour ID ?

By detecting the couriers and postys
and not waking me if its anyone else.

How does it tell them apart from other people ?

They tend to show up in vans and even when they dont,
dont tend to have kids with them like the joveys do, ****wit.

So you're system of detection relies on detecting or not detecting vans and detecting whether kids are present or not. The 'God' peolpe near me have a mini bus with some church thing written along the side. My next door neirgbour has an old Fed Ex van like the one below.

http://about.van.fedex.com/newsroom/...ans-in-europe/

His painted over the Ex bit but the Fed still exists, I hear his son talking on his phone refering to themselves as the Feds.

And when it does detect them what does it do
differntly that it wouldn;t do if it were a jovey ?

The system wakes me up if I am asleep.

How does it do that, and in time. ?

and have
told it that that is what I prefer instead of having
to take the card that they leave to the distribution
center to get the stuff I have bought.

you have told it ?
what's this it ?, the surveillance system.

The joveys and sundry other parasites get ignored
by the system and it doesnt wake me up for them.

How does it ignore them ?
Must be a pretty advanced system, do you think you could design one that could ignore terrorists trying to access the country.

And if I have decided that I dont even want to answer
the door at all to cold callers and joveys, just ignores them
completely or tells them using a voice announcement that
cold callers, joveys and 'charity' bludgers arent welcome etc.

You can do that with a nore on a door you don't need special surveillance system.

And allows couriers and postys to indicate that they
are couriers and postys etc so that even when the system
has got the detection wrong, they can indicate that.

ANd how does it tell that the delivery person isn't a jovey with a wrapped up bible in his hand ?

Not a shred of rocket science required,

Lucky for you then isnlt it.

even if you are so
****ing stupid that you can't work out the basics for yourself.

How do you tell a jovey with a bible fropm a delivery person with pizza ?