Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Normal A/C on / off cycle durations?

Until you put an hour meter on the compressor to see how much it actually runs from noon to 6pm on a typical hot sunny day in your climate, you're just guessing at capacity required.

plus I would have to say that a change from 2 tons to 2.5 tons is not a drastic change.

I would find it hard to believe that everything could be fine with 2 tons and not fine with 2.5 tons.

Maybe the numbers are wrong or maybe something else has changed.

So lets help the lady. Short of changing the AC unit, what could she do to reduce the humidity.

Maybe she should get a stand alone de-humidifier, then the AC would not have to run as much to de-humidify and it won't be so cold.

Any other ideas?

mark