Posted to uk.d-i-y
Capitol Capitol is offline

Default Old TVs

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
T i m wrote:
You have something that has been ideal for your needs and after a good
period, fails (as such things do). So you use the opportunity to
replace it, in the case of TV's, possibly with something slightly
bigger and when you try you find (as you say) something you assumed
was 'normal', then appears to become a Holy Grail.

Thing that annoyed me was my new TV didn't have the usual twin phono
analogue sound output. Just Toslink. That would be fairy nuff if analogue
had disappeared from domestic Hi-Fi too. But it did have a SCART, which I
wanted.

Which cost me quite a bit of time etc running in an optical feed to the
Hi-Fi and providing a converter box (didn't want even more clutter behind
the TV).

FFS - how much extra would a pair of phonos cost, given it has things like
a headphone output?

I found the same problem. Also the TV remote does not control the volume.