Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Tiny engines

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 09:53:20 -0700, Gunner Asch
wrote:

On Mon, 18 Sep 2017 06:20:24 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

Of course, if instead you have a Diesel in that size [Ha!],
speak up.

Would be nice, huh? I'd build a motorcycle with one since I don't have
a boat. (Shut up, Gunner. I don't need one.

(VBG!!!)

I thought you might see that. g

A Zero DS or Hayes Kaw Diesel would make me happy.
http://www.zeromotorcycles.com/zero-ds/specs.php
http://www.trucktrend.com/news/0604d...el-motorcycle/
Solar fuels the former, stored diesel the latter.

Putting a bank of 900 ah and 125-300 watts of solar cells above the
stern railing...easy peasy

He said "charge the battery", not "battery bank". I was thinking a
simple 80w for LED lights, radio, and laptop. One battery ought to
handle that. BUT, if he had a larger boat, solar panels could be
utilized to replace the sail while the batteries replaced a
significant portion of the ballast. VBG.

He said 800 watts load as well. (2) Deep cycle batteries will give him
far more than 800 watts if he is on a 145 watt solar charging system.

---

That depends on how many watt hours he needs. with 8 hours od
sunlight and a tracking panel sysyem he will get a MAXIMUM of 1160
watt hours of power from the panels - so 1150 watt hours out of the
battery if he is very lucky. That is 800 watts for about an hour and
15 minutes. Yes, he can get more out of the battery, but the battery
will not recover it's charge unless charged with more than the 145
watt panel, or charged for a few days with no load.